ISI Societies are springing up on college campuses across the country. Find out how you can start an ISI Society at your school (or join an existing one). By doing so, you will not only become part of a national community of principled conservative students and friends; you will also receive from ISI the advice, mentoring, and even funding you need to make a difference on your campus.
As college campuses become more and more hostile to different viewpoints, ISI Societies stand up for the free exchange of ideas and the principles that make America free and prosperous. When you join an existing ISI Society or found one of your own, you will create a dynamic environment for you and other principled students and bring true intellectual diversity to your college community.
ISI Societies prepare business plans each spring to compete for annual grants of up to $10,000 to help fund their activities.
ISI Society members receive preferred status when applying for the following ISI programs:
- Starting an ISI Collegiate Network publication
- Summer internships and yearlong fellowships
- ISI summer seminars and regional leadership conferences
- The ISI Honors Program
- Exclusive student panels, dinners, and events
Every major intellectual and social movement begins with a small band of dedicated friends. ISI Societies bring together friends to defend freedom of speech and the permanent things, and to advance the cause of liberty.
As part of an ISI Society, you can:
- Bring acclaimed speakers to your campus
- Host student and faculty forums and debates to defend free speech on campus
- Organize regular meetings to bring together thoughtful conservative students and professors
- Host film screenings, dinner discussions, and other events
- Receive complimentary books to inspire group discussion and debate
- Travel to exclusive ISI conferences and seminars
You can apply in just three easy steps:
- Click “Submit Proposal” and enter some basic information about your proposed Society
- Answer a few short questions on your Society’s business plan
- Upload a proposed budget for your 2016–17 academic-year activities
The deadline for ISI Society applications will be May 31.