William Saunders, J.D.
Senior Vice President and Senior Counsel, Americans United for Life
William Saunders is a well-known human rights lawyer in Washington, D.C. and the Executive Director of Sudan Relief and Rescue. SR&R was established as a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization at the request of Bishop Gassis, for the purpose of assisting the Bishop in providing food, clothing, shelter, medical supplies, and the Gospel of Christ to the persecuted people of Sudan.
Mr. Saunders has worked at the Family Research Council on Human Rights and at the United States Commission on Civil Rights. He earned his law degree at Harvard Law School where he wrote his senior paper on "Cambodia: Genocide Under the Khmer RougeDesigning an Effective International Response." He also taught at the Columbus School of Law at Catholic University.
- The Threat to Our Constitutional Liberty Posed by the HHS Mandate on Preventive Services
- International Law, Judicial Activism & Abortion: A Lethal Cocktail
- Killing, Caring or Curing? - Is There a "Human Right" to Assisted Suicide? Should There Be?
- Neither by Treaty, Nor by Custom: Through the Doha Declaration the World Rejects Claimed International Rights to Abortion and Same-Sex Marriage, Affirming Traditional Understanding of Human Rights in The Georgetown Journal of Law & Public Policy; Vol. 9, No. 1, Winter 2011
- Health Care Reform and Respect for Human Life: How the Process Failed in Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy; Summer 2011
- Lautsi v. Italy: Does Neutrality Equal Secularism? in Engage; Vol. 12, Issue 2, December 2011