CEO, David Horowitz Freedom Center
David Horowitz is President of the Center for the Study of Popular Culture and a best-selling author and editor. Mr. Horowitz earned a Bachelor's degree from Columbia University in 1959 and a Master's degree from the University of California at Berkeley in 1961. He is best known for his lifelong intellectual and political journey from a radical activist in the 60's to a crusader against the corrosive effects of 60's leftism on modern American culture.
Along with Mr. Peter Collier, He co-authored a series of best-selling biographies of prominent American families: The Rockefellers: An American Dynasty (1976), The Kennedys: An American Drama (1985), The Fords: An American Epic (1987) and The Roosevelts: An American Saga (1994). In 1978 Mr. Horowitz was honored with a Guggenheim Fellowship, and in 1990 he received the Teach Freedom Award from former President Ronald Regan.
r. Horowitz has written numerous other books, and essays including Destructive Generation: Second Thoughts About the Sixties, his personal autobiography Radical Son: A Generational Odyssey , and The Politics of Bad Faith: The Radical Assault on America's Future. The Center for the Study of Popular Culture, which he founded, has 40,000-plus members and publishes four magazines, including Heterodoxy, a monthly focusing on "political correctness and other follies."
Mr. David Horowitz has spoken at over 60 colleges and universities, has appeared on Nightline, Crossfire, Today, Good Morning America and The CBS Morning News, and gives hundreds of interviews yearly on talk radio.
- The Islamic Jihad Against the West
- Why Israel is the Victim
- The One Party State of American Campuses
- The New Leviathan: How the Left-Wing Money-Machine Shapes American Politics and Threatens America's Future Crown Forum (June 12, 2012)
- Party of Defeat: How Democrats and Radicals Sabotaged the War On Terror Spence Pub (April 1, 2008)
- Unholy Alliance: Radical Islam And The American Left Regnery Publishing; First Edition edition (September 7, 2004)
- Barack Obama's Rules for Revolution in Front Page Magazine