William B. Allen
Emeritus Dean and Professor, Michigan State University
Dr. Allen is Professor of Political Philosophy in the Department of Political Science at Michigan State University. He was director of the Council of Higher Education for the Commonwealth of Virginia, and he is editor ofGeorge Washington: A Collection (Liberty Fund, 1988).
- The American Founding
- George Washington's Legacy
- An American Future
- Re-Thinking Uncle Tom: The Political Thought of H. B. Stowe (Lexington Books), 2009
- George Washington, America's First Progressive Peter Lang Publishing Inc.
- The Personal and the Political: Three Fables by Montesquieu (UPA), 2008.
- Habits of Mind: Fostering Excellence and Access in Higher Education Transaction Publishers, Inc. (2003)
- George Washington, a Collection Liberty Fund (July 1, 1988)
- The Essential Antifederalist Rowman & Littlefield Publishers; Second Edition edition (December 17, 2001)
- The Moral Foundations of George Washington's Foreign Policy Choices in The Review of Faith & International Affairs, 2011
- That all Tragedy is Local: Book 18 of Spirit of the Laws in Interpretation: A Journal of Political Philosophy, 31:2:2004
- Making Citizens in Claremont Review of Books, III:3:2003
- Equality and Right in the Contemporary World in The Good Society: A PEGS Journal, vol. 9 no. 1, 1999
- L'Ethique de Montesquieu: Principe de la fondation de la democratie americaine in PRIX MONTESQUIEU, Academie Montesquieu, Actes, 2, 1986.