Jennifer Roback Morse
President, Ruth Institute
Jennifer Roback Morse is the Senior Research Fellow in Economics at the Acton Institute for the Study of Religion and Liberty. She is also the founder and chief visionary of Your Coach for Culture Wars, a company that helps businesses who want to prosper while maintaining their core values in the Culture Wars.
Dr. Morse served as a Research Fellow for Stanford University's Hoover Institution from 1997-2005. She received her Ph.D. in economics from the University of Rochester in 1980 and spent a postdoctoral year at the University of Chicago from 1979-1980. She taught economics at Yale University and George Mason University for 15 years and was the John M. Olin Visiting Scholar at Cornell Law School in 1993.
Dr. Morse is a contributor to Wealth, Poverty, and Human Destiny (ISI Books, 2003) and the author of Smart Sex: Finding Life-Long Love in a Hook-Up World (Spence Publishing, 2005) and Love and Economics: Why the Laissez-Faire Family Doesn't Work (Spence Publishing, 2001).
Her public policy articles have appeared in the Journal of Political Economy, Economic Inquiry, the Journal of Economic History, Publius: The Journal of Federalism, the University of Chicago Law Review, the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, Social Philosophy and Policy, The Independent Review, and the Notre Dame Journal of Law Ethics and Public Policy.
- The Definition of Marriage: The Importance of Marriage
- Love and Economics: It Takes a Family to Raise a Village
- Smart Sex: Finding Lifelong Love in a Hook-Up World
- Love and Economics: It Takes a Family to Raise a Village. Ruth Institute Books; Collegiate edition (April 28, 2008)
- Smart Sex: Finding Life-Long Love in a Hook-Up World Ruth Institute Books; 1 edition (July 1, 2005)