ISI has announced six finalists for the Henry and Anne Paolucci Book Award, which will recognize the best book published in 2014 that advances conservative principles:
- Richard Brookhiser, Founders’ Son: A Life of Abraham Lincoln (Basic Books)
- William Easterly, The Tyranny of Experts: Economists, Dictators, and the Forgotten Rights of the Poor (Basic Books)
- James Grant, The Forgotten Depression: 1921—The Crash That Cured Itself (Simon & Schuster)
- Jason L. Riley, Please Stop Helping Us: How Liberals Make It Harder for Blacks to Succeed (Encounter Books)
- Russ Roberts, How Adam Smith Can Change Your Life: An Unexpected Guide to Human Nature and Happiness (Portfolio)
- Charles T. Rubin, Eclipse of Man: Human Extinction and the Meaning of Progress (Encounter Books)
The Paolucci Award winner will be announced in August. The winning author will receive a $5,000 cash award and deliver a public lecture in Wilmington, Delaware, in the fall.