Terms of Service
IMPORTANT – READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING, BROWSING, OR USING THIS WEB SITE. BY ACCESSING, BROWSING, OR USING THIS SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS, BROWSE, OR USE THIS WEB SITE.
- USE OF THIS SITE. The Intercollegiate Studies Institute (“ISI”) authorizes you to view and download materials at this Web site (“Site”) for your personal, non-commercial use. If you breach any of these Terms, your authorization to use this Site automatically terminates and you must immediately discontinue use and destroy any downloaded or printed materials.
- COPYRIGHT. All the materials on this Site are copyrighted. The copyrights are owned by ISI or others. You may not modify the materials in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, or distribute or otherwise use them for any public or commercial purpose. Unauthorized use of the materials may violate copyright, trademark, or other laws. Title ownership rights and intellectual property rights in the materials shall remain in ISI or others.
- TRADEMARKS. The trademarks, logos, and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on this Site are the property of ISI or other third parties. You may not use these Marks without the express, prior written permission of ISI or such third parties.
- CHANGES/REVISIONS. ISI may revise or otherwise change these Terms or materials on the Site, at any time, without notice.
- USER SUBMISSIONS. ISI does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information sent from you through this Site. You acknowledge that any information or materials sent to ISI will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary (“Communications”). By sending ISI any Communications, you grant ISI and its designees, an unrestricted, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit, and distribute those Communications, and you also agree that ISI is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques that you send us for any purpose – commercial or non-commercial. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ISI will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted Communications to us unless: (a) we obtain your permission to use your name; or (b) we first notify you that the Communications you submit will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law. You are expressly prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Site, unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or other materials or information that violate any law.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES. This Web Site contains links to third party sites. The linked third party sites are not reviewed by ISI, are not under the control of ISI, and ISI is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. ISI is not responsible for Webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. ISI is providing these links to third party sites to you only as a convenience, and ISI does not endorse the companies, content, or make any representations about them, or any software, or other materials found there. Therefore, your access to any third party sites linked to this Site, either directly or indirectly, is entirely at your own risk.
- SOFTWARE. If you download software or other materials (“Software”) from this Site, use of the Software is subject to license terms in a License Agreement that accompanies or is provided with the Software. You may not download or install or use Software from this Site until you have read and accepted the terms of the License Agreement.
- EXPORT RESTRICTIONS AND COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS. Your access to this Site and materials is governed by all applicable federal, state, and local laws. You acknowledge that materials or information available on this Site is subject to the export control laws and regulations of the U.S.A. and that you will not download or otherwise export materials or information from this site in violation of United States Law. If you access this Site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
- NO WARRANTY. ALL MATERIALS OR INFORMATION ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OF THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION REMAINS WITH YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL ISI OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFIT, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THESE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION, EVEN IF ISI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF LOCAL LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- MISCELLANEOUS. This agreement and all claims or issues regarding this Site shall be governed according to the laws of the State of Delaware, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. Any legal action concerning these Terms or this Site must be brought within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises and must be brought in the State of Delaware.